cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simon Hutchinson <simon.hutchin...@misgl.com>
Subject URL Encoding (Coccon 2.1 cvs as of about 2 weeks ago)
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:14:14 GMT
    Hi,

    I am very new to coccon so please excuse any glaring errors in my
question.
    I have written a transformer whose job in part is to extrat a uri
from a knowledge article returned from our knowledgebase.

    <swsolution>
                     <cinclude:include select="*|text()">
                           <xsl:attribute
name="src">cocoon:/soldoc?url=<xsl:value-of
select="normalize-space(LongDescLink)"/>

                      </xsl:attribute>
                     </cinclude:include>
    </swsolution>

    The snippet above indicates my attempt. -
    The cinclude transformer then transforms the xml and finds the
correct matcher in my sitemap.

    I want to use the html generator to return the file. <see below>

    <map:pipeline>
        <map:match pattern="soldoc">
                <map:generate src="{request-param:url}" type="html"/>
                <map:serialize/>
           </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

    This solution works until I try to generate a uri with an illegal
character ie a space.
    It appears that the request-param is (correctly) decoding the
parameter I am passing it but unfortunately this is not the behaviour I
require.

    Is there any way that I can re-code the parameter before generating it ?
    Or can anyone suggest an alternative means of achieving the same
end. ie generating html from a remote server.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers

    Si