cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: Database Actions
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:49:56 GMT
> I just need a little nudge in the right direction for my
> sitemap file.  I want to insert a row into a database (and later
> change, and delete) then I want to jump to a new pipeline..
> an existing pattern match that uses esql to read from the DB
> and output the results (which will have new or changed data).
>
> Listing Page -> Click Add.. Empty Add Page -> Insert into DB -> Listing
> Page
>
> Could someone send me a little snippet of what I need to put
> into my sitemap to get this to work?  Or a pointer to a doc or
> something that'll help out?

Here is a snippet that would do the trick for the Insert into DB -> Listing
Page part:

<map:pipeline>
	<map:match pattern="insertIntoDB.*">
		<map:act type="dbms-update">
			<map:parameter name="table-set" value="Update"/>
			<map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/ListingPage.*"/>
		</map:act>
		<map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/html/updateFailed.html"/>
	</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com