cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Cocoon activity
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:09:32 GMT
Schultz, Gary - COMM wrote:

>Would you really recommend newbies use Struts? I thought Cocoon's appeal is
>that is has everything right out of the box to deploy an XML web publishing
>system and provide the framework to more easily build web applications using
>XML. I don't use Struts, but our Java application development staff uses
>Struts. I thought with Struts you still have to build the application
>components using Java, correct? If this is true, newbies should be pointed
>to Cocoon. If I'm wrong on this, maybe I should look at Struts.

thats what its all about. the "struts thing" was a comment to my "PHP"
joke.

the whole discussion over the last weeks ist turning around that point,
that most believe, that Cocoon offers a lot of oportunities particularly
also for beginners, but some (including me) are arguing against the
deployment as beeing user-unfriendly, hence alienating many beginners.

Alex