cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject CLI Still not working ... :-(
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:11:07 GMT
Upayavira tried to help me the last days to get the Cocoon CLI running
to generate the website for a Cocoon-Tutorial Day. Thanks again, I made
some steps forward but:

after meanwhile days of work, I unfortunately still have no result. I
came so far, that

(1) I downloaded the recent CVS sources

(2) I modified the local.blocks.properties by excluding all unstable
blocks as well as hsqldb

(3) cocoon compiles then.

(4) I install my webapplication, start cocoon in servlet mode--for test
purpose---and it displays correctly with the url:

http://localhost:8888/cocoon-day/index.html

so this works fine.

(5) then I use the default cli.xconfig but add/modify:

   <uri type="replace"
        src-prefix="samples/"
        src="hello-world/hello.html"
        dest="build/dest/hello-world.html"/>

    <uris name="CocoonDay" follow-links="true">
        <uri type="replace"
            src-prefix=""
            src="cocoon-day/index.html"
            dest="build/dest/cocoon-day"/>
    </uris>

(btw. the default installed example does not work, but this is no
miracle, as there is no /hello-world/hello.html. I believe, again, that
at least the default exmaple should work)

o.k. then

(6) ./cocoon.sh cli -x cli.xconf

(7) cli now runs at least without exceptions, with the result:

* [1/0]     [0/0]     3.186s 4.6Kb   cocoon-day/index.html
Total time: 0 minutes 6 seconds,  Site size: 4,752 Site pages: 1

as a matter of fact, not a single result page is created :-(

I tried various combinations in the uri statement, but always with the
same "null" result...

to be honest, I have no further idea how to proceed.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
I really would be glad if someone could help me: I added the cocoonday
website to:

http://www.schatten.info/info/cocoon-day.tar.gz

additionally I copied the cli.xconf into this tar. So if anyone would
like to check this this would be really glad.

I would have liked to present this offline feature next week, but I have
to drop it otherwise, as I cannot present something to new users, that
not even I was able to get up and running in more than a week of hard
trying...

thank you!!

Alex

p.s.: