cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: xreporter and JDO?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:08:34 GMT
neil wrote:
> What would be the options for getting xreporter to use JDO (or any plain java object)
instead of JDBC?
> I understand that it has a HTTP datasource (gets XML from a URL) so that would be one
possibility,
> but maybe there are better ways?

First of all, xReporter does not use Cocoon either to connect to the
datasource or to produce XML data. Cocoon can be used as a frontend to
xReporter and that's all, AFAIK. Thus, this question is better asked on
xReporter's mailing list.

Second, I don't think JDO, or any other O-R mapping tool, is a good fit
for the kind of queries xReporter does.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it