cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: does cocoon support css
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:30:40 GMT
Asim Raja wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm interested in using use Cocoon to convert an html page to a PDF file. I
>would like to feed the URL of the page and get the PDF. I would like to know
>if CSS used by the webpage would be supported by the HTMLGenerator and the
>PDF Serializer?

I suggest you read a little bit in the Cocoon user documentation,
because I am afraid you have a really wrong idea about the Cocoon concept.

off coure one could do, what you are suggesting, but I guess it is not,
what you intend to do:

(1) use an html generator to create XHTML from the html document(s)

(2) send this xhtml --> XSL Transformer to create the formatting objects
document

(3) use the pdf serializer to create the PDF

Alex