cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Compilation of Cocoon / Binary Distribution / Different Confi
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:42:04 GMT
Check out:
 http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Blocks
for a description of what is planned. You'll see a lot of useful
functionality is planned.

Regards, Upayavira

Tim Holloway wrote:

>>Dependencies between blocks are a relatively new thing - at the moment
>>we've just dealt with it with comments in the blocks.properties file,
>>which is not ideal, but better than not telling anyone at all.
>>

>Well, this is Cocoon. Would it be presumptuous to suggest that the core
>block relationships be mapped in an *XML* file?
>
>Something like this:
>
>  blocks
>    +---- block
>            +-- description
>            +-- version
>            +-- requires-block (mandatory prerequisite)
>            |      |
>            |      +--- block-reference
>            |               |
>            |               +-- block-name (and version???)
>            +-- integrates-with (optional prerequisite)*
>            |      |
>            |      +-- block-reference ...
>            +-- requires-jar
>            |      |
>           ???     +-- jar-name**
>                   +-- jar-version
>
>* May be impratical, but it seemed like a good idea to have a context where
>a build could collaborate blocks
>
>** Probably should reference a formal jar definition section that maps
>logical jar names/versios to their actual filenames/locations.
>
>Just a thought. If one were really clever, it would even be possible to have
>cocoon use the above to generate build configurations.
>
>   Tim Holloway
>
>  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

> If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete
it from your computer. Although our company attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses,
it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.