cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Questionmarks instead of umlauts in JPEG serialized SVGs ?
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:13:16 GMT
If you do this direct mapping from request param to stylesheet param,
the request character encoding must be the same as the stylesheet
encoding if I remember correctly. We had the same problem 1,5 years ago
when generating images dynamically. At the end we circumvent it by using
i18n, where only the key is given in the URL of the image. This key
never contains any umlaut, because it is simply the english word.

What can you do:

1) Change the encoding of the stylesheet to the request encoding, so
that the sitemap param is passed in the correct encoding.

2) Use only characters from the US ASCII char set (first 2^7 characters)
as key and use i18n transformer for translating them. This allows also
later internationalization (this is why it's called i18n transformer :).

Joerg