cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: + Jsp Generator +
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:01:44 GMT
The stacktrace below points to an error in your JSP, so that's not a problem
with Cocoon or the JSPGenerator, but with your JSP or Jasper.

Another problem and really a problem of Cocoon is the usage of jsp:include
or jsp:forward, which both don't work. For more information please read at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105967319200003&r=1&w=2.

If you don't have an existing JSP site I can only suggest you not to use
JSP, but e.g. XSP or another Cocoon technic.

Joerg

pagop Serge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> + first I like to know if   cocoon 2.0.4 support all tags of jsp
> (<jsp:include> and the <jsp:forward>),
>    because I like to generate PDF-File of  jsp-site and I do not know
> how can really do that :
>      problem Explain:
>        1) the jsp-site takes data in the database
>        2) what I want to do is to generate a XML-File for this JSP-Site
> and then with this XML-File I generate a corresponding PDF-File
>              When someboby have any ideas please mail
>
>    I try something but with some misapprehensions. I use this
> map-Definition to have a xml document of my jsp:
>      <!-- for the transformation of jsp-site to xml-site -->
>      <!-- Use this to debug your JSPs -->
>    <map:match pattern="*.xml">
>        <map:generate type="jsp" src="{1}.jsp"/>
>        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>    But the xml-Document is not save localy, for this reason I don' t
> have any ideas how I can do to solve this task
>

> +  second, wenn I do something like this:
>    It works without problems
>  <para>
>        <%
>            String s[]={
>                "Sisi",
>                "Emiel",
>                "Emmanuel"
>            };
>            for(int i = 0; i < s.length; i++){
>        %>
>            <%= s[i] %><br/>
>        <%
>            }
>        %>
>    </para>
>

> but this other version with java.util.Vector doesn' t work and I do not
> understand why
>
>    <para>
>        <%
>            java.util.Vector buffer = new java.util.Vector();
>            buffer.addElement("Serge");
>            Enumeration iter = buffer.elements();
>            while(iter.hasMoreElements()){
>                String s = (String)nextElement();
>                          %>
>            <%= s %><br/>
>        <%
>            }
>        %>
>    </para>
>
> and then I receive some errors:
>
> Cocoon stack-trace

uninteresting part of stacktrace snipped

--
System Development
VIRBUS AG