cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anders Forsgren <and...@digitalfarmers.com>
Subject XSP/ESQL escaping
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:41:49 GMT
Hi

I have a problem with escaping when retrieving database data in an xsp
page. For each row in the resultset, the following xml is generated:

<message>
   <subject><esql:get-string column="subject"/></subject>
   <author><esql:get-string column="author"/></author>
   <time><xsp:expr>formatDate(<esql:get-string
column="time"/>)</xsp:expr></time>
column="body"/>)</xsp:expr></body>
</message>

The formatMessage method will replace all line breaks (\n) with the tag
reason. If I replace the \n's with &gt;br/&lt; etc, then it works, so
it's a document structure error obviously, but I don't see why it should
be?.

Also, which is the best way to develop xsp efficiently? I'm using
eclipse/tomcat4/cocoon2.0 on windows, and with this configuration the
requests time out when there is an error in either the code or structure
of the xsp, not easily debugged. Even the not-so-helpful generated code
error pages would be more helpful, but they only show up on rare occasions.

Thanks for any help

Anders