cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <>
Subject Help: SQLTransformer returns excaped XML content...
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 16:01:19 GMT
If you use the SQLTransformer to query a column where the contents of the
column is itself valid XML content, SQLTransformer seems to escape all of the
< and > characters, so that the result you get back looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root xmlns:sql="">
	<rowset xmlns="" name="readPackage">
				&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?&gt;&#13;
				&lt;package version="1.0"&gt;&#13;

You can see how the content of the "package" colum is returned as escaped

My question is how to transform the escaped XML back into something useable
within Cocoon, since I need to be able to stream the result out of a
transformation and into other transformations in a pipeline.

Should I do a transform where I do substring replacements (eg. "&lt;"
replaced with "<", etc?) or is there a more simple/elegant solution to this?

Andrzej Jan Taramina

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message