cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Zohner" <stephanie.zoh...@gmx.at>
Subject LDAP authentification with username and password
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:27:12 GMT
Hi,

I make use of the LDAP transformer for authentification in my web
application.

When I understood the documentation right then Authentification requires 2
steps:

1. get all necessary user data (username & password) from all users in LDAP
2. Compare the username/password provided with the login with all data sets
retrieved from LDAP, if there is a match, the authenfification was
successful.

Is that right?

Here's my problem then.

I can retrieve both, username and password, but how can I compare the
passwords. The password retrieved from LDAP is encrypted. So in order to
compare
them, I need to encrypt the password on Cocoon side with the same algoithm,
right.
Where do I get the encryption algorithm from?

I guess that almost everybody who does authentication with LDAP must have
had the problem, so how did you solve it?

Please if there are any solution out there, post them, I guess, it could be
very helpful for a lot of members (maybe it's worth a wiki contribution?).

Thanks Stephanie