cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anchuri <qforrea...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problems with Cocoon & Tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:42:31 GMT
hi,

We are using cocoon 2.0.3 in tomcat 4.1 on Solaris. We are using Java beans to query database
and we have XML embeded in JSP files,these JSP files make calls to the java beans for dynamic
content.

we use XSLT to transform the xml in JSP files to html using cocoon.

The following are the problems we are facing using the above architechture :

1.Bean recomiplation requires, every time restart of tomcat
2.Cocoon's performance degrades  .. as days go by ..( i.e  page takes a great amount of time
to load ) this happens only to  JSP pages making calls to beans
3.The environment variables like JAVA_HOME etc..   are lost

And above all,  we appriciate any other suggestions to implement the above architechture .

with regards
pratap