cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject Re: Automatic wizard through continuations
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:02:05 GMT
On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 05:46:42PM +0100, Marcin Okraszewski wrote:

> >Hello everybody,
> >
> >I'm programming an automatic wizard through a continuation using jxform
> >and three generic XSP templates. When I try to execute the wizard the
> >first time it runs ok and I finish the continuation with the
> >form.finish() method but when I execute it the second time with another
> >configuration (saved in a database) the continuation shows the
> >configuration of the first execution!. What's the problem?
> >
> >Possible explains:
> >
> >1. Is there some stranger cache?
> >2. Does the previous continuation finished correctly?
> >
> >Can I make something to asure the orevious continuation has finished at
> >the initial part of my script?
> >
> >Thank you in advance,
> >Toni Felguera
>
> I had similar problem. I used XSP generated jxforms and only the first
> was displayed untill I reloaded the application. As I asked about it on
> the list, someone said I should try to put it to noncaching pipeline. In
> fact I don't know how to do it, but when I set default casching to
> non-casching, it didn't help, so I suppose putting it to non-caching
> pipeline wouldn't work either.
>
> I'm not quite sure, but I'm afraid, that JXForms might be compiled or
> use its own caching and don't check if source was changed.
>
> I know, that it isn't very construtive reply :-( But sometimes even such
> helps in some way. In my case I finally used Woody without XSP.
maybe it is a client (IE) related problem?
try to set some headers for each page, for example with an xsp action:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsp:page	language="java"
			xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
			xmlns:action="http://apache.org/cocoon/action/1.0"
			xmlns:xsp-response="http://apache.org/xsp/response/2.0"

<page>
	<xsp-response:set-header name="Expires" value="-1"/>
	<xsp-response:set-header name="Cache-Control" value="no-cache"/>
	<xsp-response:set-header name="Pragma" value="no-cache"/>
	<action:set-success/>
</page>
</xsp:page>

	ouzo