cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Geleyn <david_coc...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject SourceWritingTransformer doesn't delete non-empty directories.
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:02:31 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to delete a non-empty directory with the source writing transformer. This results
in "Could not delete blahblah (unknown reason)".

I took the liberty to search for the cause of this. The FileSource class from the excalibur
source classes is used (via ModifiableSource in SourceWritingTransformer). The delete function
of this class is called. This function uses the File.delete function (which doesn't delete
non-empty directories). This is standard java behaviour, I assume? Shouldn't FileSource check
whether the source is a directory and act properly? Examples of recursive deletes of directories
can be found on the internet: http://javaalmanac.com/egs/java.io/DeleteDir.html?l=rel.

I realize that I can work around with a DirectoryGenerator, but when the directory to delete
is determined by some request parameters, it becomes too complicated (imo).

I'm going to use XSP/action/... now to delete that directory recursively...

Thanks!

David Geleyn