cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "HERBUEL Alain (DSIT-EX)" <alain.herb...@sncf.fr>
Subject Cocoon + XSP + ESQL problem
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:42:35 GMT
Hello,

I use Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 + Cocoon 2.0.3
I queries a DB via ODBC, xsp et esql.I would like to group the result on a
certain tag. My code is the following.

				<esql:query>
					SELECT idTopic, valeur
					FROM Topic LEFT JOIN TopicName ON
Topic.idTopic = TopicName.isTopicName
					WHERE
						idTopic IN
						(
							SELECT
instance_fiche_minidoc.rolePlayingTopic
							FROM AssociationRole
AS instance_fiche_minidoc, AssociationRole AS type_fiche_minidoc
							WHERE

instance_fiche_minidoc.type = 'PSI_SAM_Instance'
							AND

type_fiche_minidoc.type = 'PSI_SAM_Type'
							AND

type_fiche_minidoc.rolePlayingTopic = 'PSI_FicheMinidoc'
							AND

type_fiche_minidoc.isRole = instance_fiche_minidoc.isRole
						)

				</esql:query>

          <esql:results>
            <esql:row-results>
            	<Fiches>
	              <esql:group group-on="idTopic">
	                <Fiche>
	                  <xsp:attribute name="id"><esql:get-string
column="idTopic"/></xsp:attribute>
	                  <esql:member>
	                    <Name><esql:get-string column="valeur"/></Name>
	                  </esql:member>
	                </Fiche>
	              </esql:group>
            	</Fiches>
            </esql:row-results>
          </esql:results>

In brief, my object Topic has a property idTopic, and this object may have
many TopicName with the property "valeur". I would like to make a group on
the object Topic. In final, I would like to have the following tag sequence
:

<Fiche id="xxxx">
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
</Fiche>
<Fiche id="xxxx">
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
	<Name>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Name>
</Fiche>

That code works perfectly if I do not use the line <xsp:attribute
name="id"><esql:get-string column="idTopic"/></xsp:attribute>

With this instruction, I have many different errors depending on the place I
put this sentence...

Could you help me? Alain

Alain Herbuel
SNCF (French national Railway company) :
alain.herbuel@sncf.fr
KD Consult (independent consultant) :
kd_consult@yahoo.fr
http://kdconsult.free.fr <http://kdconsult.free.fr>