cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robert Andersson <rob...@gslt.hum.gu.se>
Subject Re: resin 3.0.3 and cocoon 2.1.2 jsp problems
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 03:45:45 GMT
JH> On 08.11.2003 10:20, Robert Andersson wrote:
>> thanks for your input, though a new release of resin, version 3.0.4,
>> fixed the problem. so in short -- resin 3.0.4 and cocoon 2.1.2 seems
>> to work well together... so far anyway, i suppose the jsp block
>> functionality within cocoon will break, resin not useing
>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet but i hope to fix that soon :)

JH> This is to be configured in the cocoon.xconf.

i tried a couple of things but cocoon spits back errors like

  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in
  JspGenerator.generate(): java.lang.NullPointerException

or

  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in
  JSPReader.generate(): java.lang.NullPointerException

when i am trying the jsp block samples. here is my cocoon.xconf entry
for the jsp part.

  <jsp-engine logger="core.jsp-engine">
    <parameter name="servlet-class" value="com.caucho.jsp.JspServlet"/>
    <parameter name="servlet-name" value="*.jsp"/>
  </jsp-engine>

anyone got any clue? can it be the 4934 bug again that i read about?
maybe i should compile and try cocoon 2.1.3 though i did not read
anything about jsp fixes in that release... could not find anything
written on this issue in the past on this mailing list either.

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology