cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Woody - Clickable List
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:09:37 GMT
On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 23:30, Phil Blake wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We're having a lot of fun with woody and flow but have a problem with a
> common scenario.
>
> Scenario:
>
> 1. A list of items is displayed.
> 2. click on an item in the list
> 3. Go to an editor (form) to edit the clicked item.
>
> This is a typical scenario for most applications.
>
> Question:
>
> How do we create a clickable list with woody? There does not appear to
> be a widget that renders as a simple HTML Anchor (ie. <a
> href=destination.html?someKindOfReference=aReference&contrinuation-
> id=1234567890">Click me to edit the item I represent</a>)
>
> I can see that a anchor widget does not submit a form (like the
> wd:action does)
>
> How are you dealing with this scenario?

Have you seen my other reply regarding the use of the
JXTemplateGenerator to handle that?

Anyway, if you want to do it via Woody, I would use an output widget in
combination with some wi:styling information that triggers a custom
template in the XSLT that generates the HTML anchor. I explained how
this can be done in the "deleting repeater-rows" thread yesterday. (yes,
we need to include a sample of this)