cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: Woody Transformer: absolute addressing of widgets
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:32:44 GMT
On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 19:38, Danny Bols wrote:
> [...]

The "not very helpful" remark was about my answer ;-)

>  to use a multiple templates based
> on the same form instance. For testing purposes we made a little change to
> the getWidget method in the woody transformer (see attachement). It allows
> us to make a template which zooms in on one particular row of a repeater
> based on the same form instance.

I think it is useful (though also somewhat dependent on the subject of
our other thread). The only thing left that might need some discussion
is the precise syntax we'll use for this. I'm mostly wondering if it
will also be useful to go back in the widget tree, i.e. something like
../.. in xpath notation. Here I also see some relationship with how we
would address widgets in the expression language, which we'll likely
switch to JXPath, so using slashes instead of dots to separate widgets
might be meaningful.

PS: in the future, it would be helpful if you could post a diff instead
of a complete file, especially if the change is small. Don't know if
you're familiar with CVS or other version control systems, but the small
learning curve is definitely worth it.