cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: AW: [woody binding] insert attribute content into similar nodes
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:31:34 GMT
On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 14:53, Ulrich, Dominik wrote:
> Hi
> thanks for your fast help!
> the problem is, that I have to declare a id in the template like

Confusing... binding and template have nothing at all to do with each
other, so these are clearly two different problems.

> <wt:widget id="mywidget1"/>
> <wt:widget id="mywidget2"/>
>
> but when I try this there is a error message:
>
> widget with id "choose1" does not exist in the container
>
> probably because the elements are identical

You mean the elements in the data XML file? No, there's really no
connection between both: the binding loads information from the XML file
into the form widgets. After this, there's no connection whatsoever
anymore between the XML file and the form instance, and certainly not
between the template and the XML file. The template connects to the form
instance, not to the XML file.

The error you have is either a typo in a widget id, or some other error
in your form template. Are your widgets (choose1 for example) direct
children of the form or are they inside a repeater?