cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brent L Johnson" <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject Database Actions
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:21:19 GMT
I've found many threads in this mailing list related to
"redirecting after XSP processing".  I'm trying to do pretty
much what most others were.. I dont want a "Your data has
been inserted" type page to serialize as output.  I just want it to

Basically from what I could gather from these threads was
basically this.. dont try redirecting after an XSP that uses
esql.. its ugly.. use database actions.

I read the docs I could find (on the Wiki and cocoon 2.1 docs)
and I learned a good bit about the db descriptor.  But I need
info on actual USAGE.  It seems to me that the request parameter
names must match the DB column names (unless I use a <mode> to
change it).. thats fine.

I just need a little nudge in the right direction for my
sitemap file.  I want to insert a row into a database (and later
change, and delete) then I want to jump to a new pipeline..
an existing pattern match that uses esql to read from the DB
and output the results (which will have new or changed data).

Listing Page -> Click Add.. Empty Add Page -> Insert into DB -> Listing
Page

Could someone send me a little snippet of what I need to put
into my sitemap to get this to work?  Or a pointer to a doc or
something that'll help out?

Thanks,

- Brent