cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "iyy" <...@apparelxml.net>
Subject moving from cocoon 2.1 dev to cocoon 2.1.3 dev
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 05:34:01 GMT
We are moving our application from Cocoon 2.1 Dev to Cocoon 2.1.3 Dev.

One xsl statement that worked in Cocoon 2.1 dev causes error in Cocoon 2.1.3 Dev.

<xsl:if test="normalize-space(element_name) = normalize-space($variable_name)">
</xsl:if>

In the xsl-if , if I used normalize-space then the page fails with the following error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh
button, or try again later.

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource

If I removed the normalize-space, then the page works ok  ie.
<xsl:if test="element_name = $variable_name">
</xsl:if>

As far as I know, xsl syntax is ok.
Any tips are welcome.