cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael McConnell" <...@srskansas.org>
Subject Re: Extraction of Zipped XML from database - Generator Idea?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:23:59 GMT
If anyone does have solutions, will they post them?
:)

Michael McConnell
Perficient, Inc. - Advanced Technology Services
SRS Extension: 785-296-4854
Perficient, Inc email: michael.mcconnell@perficient.com
Mobile: 952-240-3940
"All truth passes through three stages.  First, it is
ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third,
it is accepted as self-evident." (Arthur Schopenhauer)

>>> john.grange@bluefinger.com 10/9/2003 4:21:11 AM >>>

Hi,
I have xml stored in a database table in zipped form to minimise
storage requirements (unzipped doc 1-4Mb, zipped 60-150k).
I have been looking at the best way to extract this and having looked
at esql (this looks like a messy way), I am looking at taking the
DatabaseReader and converting it to produce a ZippedDatabaseGenerator.
Questions:
1. Can anybody think of a better way of doing this?
2. Has anybody done this already?
3. If the answers to the above are yes, can I have code snippets?
Thanks in advance...

John Grange
The views expressed in this email/posting are solely those of John
Grange and are neither verified nor supported by BlueFinger Ltd.