cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject Re: Including - another problem
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:08:00 GMT

hi jan

spend some time to see how aggregation work
i had the need to merge content in the past
my first aproaches was to include files

but many people in this list beleave that aggregation is a cleaner
solution

use .xsp to produce xml fragments and then merge these fragments in
a pipeline

 <map:match pattern="*.xsp">
     <map:generate src="resources/content/{1}.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 </map:match>

<map:match pattern="FullContent">
<map:aggregate element="site">
  <map:part src="cocoon:/content1.xsp"/>
  <map:part src="cocoon:/content2.xsp"/>
</map:aggregate>
<map:transform ... your transfromation ... />
<map:serialize ... your serialization ... />
</map:match>

the decision will be yours

--stavros