cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject Re: xsp request parameter conundrum
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:48:46 GMT
r u sure that you get tha parameter?

the most common problem i have is that
<xsp-request:get-parameter name="code"/> is empty or with wrong content

for 2 reasons
1. encoding problems
2. parameters that have % symbol for example ?id=10&desc=50%

-- stavros

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Frank Daly wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an xsp file which queries a database, the results of which are
> then displayed on pdf.
>
> In the xsp file when I hard code the query parameter, i.e. where code
> 'red23' the results display correctly.  However when I use where code =
> <xsp-request:get-parameter name="code"/> I get either nothing, if the
> match pattern is not pdf, or this file does not begin with '%pdf-' if
> the match pattern ends with the pdf extension.
>
> I've checked the xsl:fo being generated in both cases and they are
> identical.  Is there something I'm missing.  I've spent a week on this
> now and can't work it out.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Frank

> The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person
to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege.
Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email
address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The
Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and
is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete
record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.