cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Cocoon performance
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:06:32 GMT

It might be helpful to know
* how many pages is "lots"
* how deep are your pipelines (number of transformers, actions, etc)
* what kind of hardware (processor, memory, network speed)
* what webserver/appserver (e.g., Tomcat + Apache webserver)

If you haven't already done so, check the load and memory in use on your
server when you experience performance problems.

Also, you might want to check the maximum numbers in various config files;
e.g., max processors (Tomcat), max pool objects for generators,
transformers, serializers (sitemap.xmap), etc.

Any of these could be clues to a bottleneck.

-Christopher

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           BOUREAU ANNE VALERIE   |
|         |           <ANNE-VALERIE.BOUREAU@P|
|         |           ARTNRE.COM>            |
|         |                                  |
|         |           10/03/2003 12:11 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to users|
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

  |       To:       USERS@cocoon.apache.org
                       |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Cocoon performance

--- Re├žu de       PARTNRE.BOUREAV 0298426572                 03-10-03 18.11

Hello,

I have very bad response time with Cocoon 2.0.1 when lots of pages are
requesting. I have used most of the tips listed in 'Apache Cocoon
Performance Tips' and would like to know what to do to improve our response
time :
-> we are going to use cocoon 2.0.4
-> maybe our xsl is not optimized => how to know that ?

Is there anything else I can do ?

Thanks for helping
AV