cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Image not displayed on Weblogic App Server
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:24:27 GMT

Narisa,

For #2, the problem is that your SSL certificate is for the site
physiciancentral.medtronic.com, not for
physiciancentral-test.medtronic.com.  There is no way to tell Java to
ignore the fact that your certificate is invalid for the site, so it just
refuses to read from the URL.  Probably good security, but very frustrating
from a development point of view.

We've had a similar problem using a self-signed (made-up) certificate,
which Java also won't trust.  However, in theory you can:  create a
self-signed certificate (for the site physiciancentral-test.medtronic.com),
then add your made-up certificate authority to the java keystore for the
JDK which runs your Cocoon instance on the test server.  Java should then
trust your self-signed certificate and all will be well.  If none of that
makes sense to you, you will probably need to inquire elsewhere because I
know this should work only in theory - I haven't actually done it myself,
and can't provide detailed instructions.  Another alternative is to spend
the $$$ to purchase a valid certificate from Thawte or Verisign for your
test server, which should definitely work.

I have no idea what the issue is on #1, unless there is some kind of filter
blocking your staging environment from the www.medtronic.com webserver.

-Christopher

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Ibeling, Narisa"    |
|         |           <narisa.h.ibeling@med|
|         |           tronic.com>          |
|         |                                |
|         |           10/01/2003 04:02 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           users                |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->

  |       To:       <users@cocoon.apache.org>
                             |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Image not displayed on Weblogic App Server

Hi,

I am running cocoon 2.0.4 compiled on JDK1.4.  I am trying to insert an
image into my pdf report.  I have two problems:

1.  I use the following code to insert the image:
             <fo:block>
                 <fo:external-graphic src="
http://www.medtronic.com/images/sublevel_mt_logo.gif" />
            </fo:block>
     There is no problem for this image to display in my own development
environment both with Tomcat and Weblogic server.
     However, when I deploy the app on the Weblogic App Server in staging
env, I could not get the image to display.  And it slowed
     way down.  Note the appserver is protected.

2.  I use the following code to insert the image which locates on a web
server.  There is SSL and siteminder in front of the web server.
             <fo:block>
                  <fo:external-graphic src="
https://physiciancentral-test.medtronic.com/clinicalReports/images/sublevel_mt_logo.gif
" />
             </fo:block>
             I could not display the image even in my dev. env.  Here is
the error message I got:
             Error while creating area : Error with image URL: Write
Channel Closed, possible SSL handshaking or trust failure and no
base directory is specified

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Narisa