cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sonny Sukumar" <ahimsad...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Pass sitemap params to "xslt" transformer?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:27:27 GMT

>From: "Horsfield, Peter A." <peter.horsfield@ngc.com>
>
>Ok you're right; and Tony picked up on the right
>solution as far as I can see, because you need to
>target the URI as a whole and embed it inside a
>document. Thats just the way cinclude works.

Yeah, so maybe the requestURI input module is the way to go, but I can't
find an example of its use.  It has to be like {requestURI:???} right?  Just
need to fill in the "???" :-)  I didn't see any example in the JavaDoc
documentation for the class or in Wiki under "InputModules"

>However...
>If you can get away with combining XML at the
>sitemap level you would be able to use the
>
>http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Aggregating
>
><map:aggregate element="the-aggregated-content">
>   <!-- define your map:parts here -->
></map:aggregate>
>
>construct.

Hehe I wish I could.  I've used <map:aggregate> nicely in other situations,
but this is a true template situation.  I have an XHTML template with a
center content portion that needs to be filled in, as well as a navigation
menu that needs to be filled in.  An additional twist is that the nav menu
configuration (which shows you where you are within the site) depends on
what the center content is.  And the center content depends, in turn, on the
request URI.

Hopefully it makes more sense now. :-)