cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "phung.ano" <phung....@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Cannot serve static binary files - Solved
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:03:22 GMT
I found out why the files were corrupted.
It is due to the cocoon building process.
When the files are copied from src/ to build/
they are filtered based on there extension.
image files for example are copied as if,
all the others files are filtered (text format
conversion).
I modified the src/targets/samples_build.xml
(i forgot the exact name, i have no access
to my dev machine at this moment)
so as to exclude all files under a special
download directory from being filtered.
And just to be sure, i added the jar mime type
in the web.xml file.

Now the zip download and applet execution work !!

Thanks for yours previous answers

Phou Ung

J.Pietschmann wrote:
> phung.ano wrote:
>
>> - In the sitemap i tried other mime types:
>> application/octet-stream, application/zip (for zip files), aso.
>

> Not implemented yet. Any value in the sitemat (pipeline
definition)
> is silently ignored.
>
> Register *.jar as application/octet-stream with your servlet
> engine, for example by putting it into Cocoons web.xml or
> into the the system web.xml.

I wonder why it works in our ConWeb application:

<map:match pattern="*/*.xul">
   <map:read src="{2}.xul"
mime-type="application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml">
     <map:parameter name="expires" value="14400000"/>
   </map:read>
</map:match>

I can change the mime-type to text/plain and don't get the XUL
file
displayed any longer but the source code in text mode.

It's Cocoon 2.0.4.

Joerg

--
System Development