cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H" <mailingli...@markhorgan.com>
Subject Woody - action widget disables validation
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:06:17 GMT
Can someone tell me why an action widget disables validation in Woody? I'm
trying out a simple form that doesn't involve validation, but it can never
get onto the success page because of the following code:

org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.Form:
public boolean process(FormContext formContext) {
	readFromRequest(formContext);
	if (formContext.doValidation())
		return validate(formContext);
	return false;
}

formContext.validation will be set to false when it calls the action
widget's readFromRequest method and so will return false which in turn
returns a null sitemap map to the sitemap and never shows the success page
contained within the action tags.

Mark

my widgets:

<wd:form xmlns:wd="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/definition/1.0">
	<wd:field id="username" required="true">
		<wd:label>Username</wd:label>
		<wd:datatype base="string"/>
	</wd:field>
	<wd:field id="password" required="true">
		<wd:label>Password</wd:label>
		<wd:datatype base="string" />
	</wd:field>
	<wd:action id="login" action-command="login">
		<wd:label>Login</wd:label>
	</wd:action>
</wd:form>

my form view:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page xmlns:wt="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/template/1.0"
xmlns:wi="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/instance/1.0" title="A Form">
	<wt:form-template action="form" method="POST">
		<wt:widget id="username"/>
		<wt:widget id="password"/>
		<wt:widget id="login"/>
	</wt:form-template>