cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Grange, John" <john.gra...@bluefinger.com>
Subject Extraction of Zipped XML from database - Generator Idea?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:21:11 GMT
Hi,

I have xml stored in a database table in zipped form to minimise storage
requirements (unzipped doc 1-4Mb, zipped 60-150k).

I have been looking at the best way to extract this and having looked at
esql (this looks like a messy way), I am looking at taking the
DatabaseReader and converting it to produce a ZippedDatabaseGenerator.

Questions:

1. Can anybody think of a better way of doing this?

2. Has anybody done this already?

3. If the answers to the above are yes, can I have code snippets?

Thanks in advance...

John Grange

The views expressed in this email/posting are solely those of John Grange
and are neither verified nor supported by BlueFinger Ltd.