cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Smith" <nickcsm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible to POST using a HTML Generator?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:31:10 GMT

Thanks for your answers on this everyone!

>>Sounds like bottom line is - it can't be done at present.  (unless he
>>doesn't really need POST but can substitute GET).
>
>Correcting myself: of course it can be done.  It can't be done by
>configuring the current set of components available.  A new component, or
>additional capability added to an existing component is needed.

Well, the need is still there, and its sufficient that I'm prepared to get
my hands dirty with a bespoke component. Any pointers as to were I should
start? I'm guessing I need to write a new generator, but HTTPGenerator
doesn't seem to have access to the guts of the url request... any pointers
in a general direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks again,
Nick