cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Smith" <nickcsm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Possible to POST using a HTML Generator?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:26:09 GMT

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone could help me: (pretty please? ;))

I'm trying to get hold of the results of a POST request made to a remote
server - does anyone know if this is possible using the HTML generator? The
reason I need to use this generator (I think) is that the results of the
request will probably be HTML rather than XML, and I get the impression that
this is the only generator that will handle regular HTML (using JTidy)?

After substantial wanderings through the cocoon folklore, I hear that the
Web Service Proxy Generator might do want I need, except that: 1) it
requires well formed XML to come back which I don't have, and 2) it requires
cocoon version 1.2 at least, and I'm unfortunatly not in a position to
upgrade yet.

What I'd ideally like to do is pass on any post parameters that cocoon gets,
and forward them to the remote server before formatting the results of the
post and passing them back to the user.

Could anyone give me any hint at all as to what direction I should research
in? Is this even =possible= using cocoon?

Any ideas at all would be very gratefully recieved!

Thanks,
Nick