cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "caleb racey" <Caleb.Ra...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject RE: SVG graphics not working
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:07:13 GMT
If like me you are on redhat 9.0 headless server you will find that the
headless stuff doesn't work under jsdk1.4.1_02 even when you pass the
headless environment variable. ( I have experience on configuring
headless java  properly on several different systems but redhat 9 has
defeated me)

So instead I followed the excellent guide for using Xvfb to pretend my
server had a head, now my image examples work!  Kudos to Ingmar Koecher
for the guide.

See guide at
http://www.netikus.net/documents/Linux-Cocoon.pdf

Hope this helps

Caleb Racey
Webteam
University Computer Service
University of Newcastle
tel 0191 222 5916

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/index.html#Headless+UNIX+and+PJA

> You might also look at the batik install stuff because I think they
made
> some changes (due to 1.4?) that made this easier(???)
> http://xml.apache.org/batik/
>
> HTH
> Steve
>

> >Yes, for headless operation u need to pass a parameter to jvm. Read
JDK