cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject access defaultsmetamodule variables from java code
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:24:40 GMT
Hi,

I asked a similar question a few months ago without any luck. This issue
has now raised its head again :

Does the objectmodel allow to access variables from the
defaultsmetamodule in java code (eg transformers, generators...)?
I would like to have a global defined in here that I can use in the
sitemap AND in code, without having to pass it as a parameter all the time.

Basically , I'm hoping to avoid following each time my transformer is used :

<map:transform type="mycustom" >
             <map:parameter name="dir" value="{defaults:directory}"/>
</map:transform>

One could argue that if i need this, then there is something wrong with
my design. Or maybe i shouldn't use cocoon.xconf as a plain properties
file and put this stuff in plain properties?

Tnx
Jorg