cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Dulin <dul...@olegdulin.com>
Subject Re: JXForms vs. Woody vs. KISS
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:14:41 GMT
>> I'm not convinced, Ugo. I'm sure it's possible to have a declarative
>> flow approach. Only the interpreter or generator must be intelligent
>> enough. Of course a declarative approach is always somewhat restricting,
>
>  > but isn't this desired? It works for the sitemap itself. And there are
>  > also workflow markup languages on the run. But such an XML based flow
>  > interpreter engine might be a big thing and independent of Cocoon.
>
> Of course it's possible. It's just that XML syntax is so horribly
> verbose with respect to any decent programming language that it makes my
> skin cringe. I've seen (well, not seen, but heard of) Cocoon sitemaps

It makes my skin cringe too, but for simple flows I still would like to
use XML for flow script.

As soon as I find some spare time I am writing a Cocoon component that
will transform FlowScript-XML into FlowScript-Rhino and call for the end
of this debate. Something like that would certainly be very useful to me
at work.

Regards,
Oleg