cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [newbie]Database actions - examples of use
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:30:32 GMT
Jan Wielgus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for examples of use of database actions (particularly
> modular database actions). It is a bit difficult for me to
> understand how to write such action to read data from db and use it
> with my xsp-pages, because the cocoon documentation doesn't show any
> examples.  Are there any on the web? I mean such examples, where I
> can see, how to write an action itself, the pipeline and how to use
> them in xsp pages. Any help will be appreciated.

I wouldn't suggest to use them for _reading_ data. Anyway, the result
will be written to request attributes (default, you may configure any
other output module) using the default prefix for the request attribute
output module. To access the data, you'd need to read the corresponding
request attributes.

To illustrate this, I suggest you add code to your XSP that prints out
all request attributes.

In addition, the result will be passed to the sitemap.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de