cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Dulin <dul...@olegdulin.com>
Subject Re: JXForms vs. Woody vs. KISS
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:24:23 GMT

> what do you mean by 'a requirement that server side code is written'?

Actually, I should rephrase it -- any code, not just server side.

Take flow definition for example -- in Woody it looks like you have to
use FlowScript (JavaScript) and continuations. Chiba has a Java
framework of its own.

Now, I understand it is difficult to come up with a way to define a
scripted flow of web pages w/o actually writing some sort of a script.
Can this be XML ? Does Cocoon Forms support using XML for flow script
instead of JavaScript ?

> i'm still having problems understanding what you're exactly looking for.
> - a XForms-like but easy solution with minimal server-side code? why do

Yes, easy solution with minimal code such that someone with XMLSpy can
configure and minimal developer involvement is needed.

Oleg