cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anders Forsgren <and...@digitalfarmers.com>
Subject Re: nuke like engine based on cocoon
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:31:39 GMT
I could help out

I once tried using phpNuke but started hating the ugly mixing of looks
and content, and the quick hack look of it all. I wanted something
skinnable so I started writing a simple nuke like community portal that
used Xalan and an xsl skin to show
news/forums/polls/downloads/members/etc from a mysql database with
"modules" producing pages and blocks from the xml content. modules can
be added/removed and restricted to access levels etc.

3 months into this project i realized that half the work was actually
implemented already in something called cocoon :(
I am also very interested in using cocoon to make a solid replacement
for phpNuke.

A look of what it looked like before I ditched the project and started
looking into cocoon is on this game-clan's website (unfortunately swedish)
http://sheriff.mine.nu

Without knowing too much about cocoon blocks, they seem like they could
help a lot in the creation of such a framework...

rgds
/Anders