cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Marko <marko...@decef.elf.stuba.sk>
Subject Woody wd:action
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:58:05 GMT
I'm trying to design a form which contains multiple submit buttons in
combination with flowscript. In HTML this is usually solved by defining
multiple input elements (type="submit") with same name, but with
different value.

All Woody examples contain definition of submit button in the form
template, but there is neither value nor name of input element. So I
don't know how to set it up to make multiple submit buttons possible.

I think the only way is to define wd:action element in form model. Since
there is no documentation on wd:action I had to guess how to use it.
Sample of my test case is here:

<wd:action id="button" action-command="logon">
   <wd:label>Logon</wd:label>
</wd:action>

Applying of Woody transformer (template->instance) generates following
output:

<wi:action id="button">
   <wi:label>Logon</wi:label>
</wi:action>

Then after applying woody-default.xsl following html output:

<input name="button" type="submit" value="Logon" />

The problem is that when I submit the form, flowscript doesn't return
from showForm() call (it even doesn't validate form). The form is
redisplayed without any change.

I would like also to know how to identify submit value in flowscript. I
know that there is submitId attribute of form, but it seems to be always
null.

--
Vladimir 'Yilard' Marko