cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Possible to POST using a HTML Generator?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:37:05 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 23.10.2003 23:01, Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>
>>> Should be possible if an action handles the file upload, stores the
>>> file on the server, returns the position on the server to the
>>> sitemap. The HTMLGenerator (yes it's the only possibility of pushing
>>> HTML through the pipeline) reads it from there and the rest goes on
>>> as normally.
>>>
>>> Is this correct, Mr. File Upload Geoff? ;-)
>>
>> I don't see anything related to file uploads below.  I thought he just
>> wanted to proxy a normal form post.  Am I missing it?
>
> Oh no, I missed "results of a POST request". I combined POST and HTML
> and XML and thought file upload. Sorry for that.
>
>> As the HTML generator uses the httpclient package I think it could be
>> modified to do this, but I don't know for sure.
>
> HTMLGenerator? Why it should use httpclient? The proxy generators, yes.
>
> We have an example accessing remote server with HTMLGenerator in the
> Cocoon samples (the page switched from Yahoo News to Google SciFi not so
> long ago).
>
> <map:generate type="html" src="http://www.remoteserver.com"/>

Argh.  Now it's my turn to miss the details!  Yes, I was combining these
in my pea brain.  I don't know how the Source handles the http:// -
maybe that's the place to deal with the post.

Sounds like bottom line is - it can't be done at present.  (unless he
doesn't really need POST but can substitute GET).

Geoff