cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Possible to POST using a HTML Generator?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:09:15 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Should be possible if an action handles the file upload, stores the
>> file on the server, returns the position on the server to the sitemap.
>> The HTMLGenerator (yes it's the only possibility of pushing HTML
>> through the pipeline) reads it from there and the rest goes on as
>> normally.
>>
>> Is this correct, Mr. File Upload Geoff? ;-)
>

> I don't see anything related to file uploads below.  I thought he just
> wanted to proxy a normal form post.  Am I missing it?
>
> As the HTML generator uses the httpclient package I think it could be
> modified to do this, but I don't know for sure.

The WebServiceProxyGenerator and the HttpProxyGenerator both are
configurable for POST, but they require XML back from the remote
service.  Perhaps we should think about refactoring a proxy so it
requires XML or not (ran through tidy).  There's definately some
similarity between these components.

Regards,

Tony