cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Possible to POST using a HTML Generator?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:05:57 GMT
On 23.10.2003 23:01, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Should be possible if an action handles the file upload, stores the
>> file on the server, returns the position on the server to the sitemap.
>> The HTMLGenerator (yes it's the only possibility of pushing HTML
>> through the pipeline) reads it from there and the rest goes on as
>> normally.
>>
>> Is this correct, Mr. File Upload Geoff? ;-)
>

> I don't see anything related to file uploads below.  I thought he just
> wanted to proxy a normal form post.  Am I missing it?

Oh no, I missed "results of a POST request". I combined POST and HTML
and XML and thought file upload. Sorry for that.

> As the HTML generator uses the httpclient package I think it could be
> modified to do this, but I don't know for sure.

HTMLGenerator? Why it should use httpclient? The proxy generators, yes.

We have an example accessing remote server with HTMLGenerator in the
Cocoon samples (the page switched from Yahoo News to Google SciFi not so
long ago).

<map:generate type="html" src="http://www.remoteserver.com"/>

But this will not result in a POST AFAIK, but a GET request, while the
proxy generators only handle POST.

Joerg