cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Cocon 2.1: Still Problems with large downloads
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:26:03 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>Then I tried putting the map:read in a pipeline like this:
>
>  <map:pipeline type="noncaching">
>    <map:parameter name="outputBufferSize" value="8192"/>
>
>    <map:match pattern="test.xyz">
>      <map:read src="/home/bruno/tmp/sylvain.avi"/>
>    </map:match>
>  </map:pipeline>
>
>Two important things here:
> * I used the non-caching pipeline
> * I disabled complete output-buffering by specifying an
>outputBufferSize parameter with a reasonable value
>
>which saves me about 140 MB of otherwise useless wasted RAM, and now it
>works like a charm.
>
>Let me know if this also helps for you.

I finally found the time to test this.

Thank you very much: first tests show, that this seems to work in Cocoon
2.1. Interestingly (as I have some applications still running in Cocoon
2.0.x) it seems to make things worse in the older Cocoon version: e.g. a
23MB file is terminated after about 2 MB already...

however, it looks good on 2.1. and I have to port the 2.0 applications
anyway.

Alex