cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Aggregating an xml file and http request
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:15:57 GMT
<map:match pattern="request.html">
   <map:aggregate element="root">
     <map:part src="cocoon:/request"/>
     <map:part src="other-file.xml"/>
   </map:aggregate>
   <map:transform src="aggregation2html.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="request">
   <map:generate type="request"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

This is the general way. If the other-file.xml depends on a request
parameter you can do like shown in the documentation at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules-ref.html#RequestParameterModule.

If it depends on different request parameters you must change to sitemap
to something like the following:

<map:match pattern="request.html">
   <map:generate type="request"/>
   <map:transform src="request2xinclude.xsl"/>
   <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
   <map:transform src="aggregation2html.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="*.xml">
   <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

The request2xinclude.xsl has to add an <xi:include/> element to the XML
where its href attribute points to "cocoon:/anything.xml".

Joerg