cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: Help: Dummies guide to Cocoon database inserts?
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:29:06 GMT
Chris:

> You may use the XMLFileModule together with the actions to access any
> pipeline in Cocoon and store the result in a database column. To use the
> XMLFileModule follow the samples which show e.g. how to use the request
> attribute module instead of the default request parameter module.

The problem here is that I already have a pipeline that has produced an
output stream, and needed to get access to that output to include it in a
database. It is not feasible to call that original pipeline from the
XMLFileModule, since it is a Chiba XForms pipeline that has to be initiated
by a user form submission.

That being said, I've solved this issue for my project.

My solution was to enhance Chicoon (the Cocoon interface to Chiba XForms) so
that it can optionally store it's output in a DOM tree as a session attribute
along with streaming it out into the pipeline.  Then I used the
JXPathMetaModule on top of the session-attr module to access the individual
elements of the output stream inside my database metadata definition for the
modular database actions.  A bit tricky to figure out, but once I got it
working, it rocks!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com