cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: problem with relative URI in document() in XSLT in Cocoon
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:23:04 GMT
Lars Huttar wrote:
> Now I changed that to "*/*/framework", i.e. removed the trailing "/",
> and now it works (the document() function is finding the XML file
> ../resources/gem-data.xml).
>
> Weird!  I'm still trying to figure out what that means. Any pointers?
> Does it mean Xalan is a nonconformant XSL processor?

No, it means the Cocoon source resolver didn't remove the last
component of the base URL and therefore resolved your URL wrong.
Look into the code for details.

You shouldn't use document() in Cocoon style sheets anyway, for a
variety of reasons, one of them bein problems with caching.
Use <map:aggregate>, XInclude or CInclude instead.

J.Pietschmann