cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Edwards <TEdwa...@civica.com.au>
Subject Re: xslt/transformer question
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:23:29 GMT
Hi Geert,
I have written a basic xml editor in cocoon that can result in large
files in region of 150 to 200kb +. Obviously at the upper end of the
file size it gets a bit sluggish but works none the less.
I use the source writing transformer to output the xml file to disk.
Prior to this step, I wrap the required <source:write> tags around the
document in a stylesheet which is basically an identity transform of the
document.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tony

Geert Van Damme wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a very (VERY!) large xml (generated through xsp) and I need to
>write this to a file. Untill now I used a DOM transformer because the
>files weren't as large, but obviously with DOM I'm having some serious
>memory problems... After the file is written, the result
>(success/failure) should be sent back in XML format to the browser.
>
>So my question is, should I write my own transformer using SAX to write
>the xml from the pipeline to a file, or is there another component for
>this available (Cocoon 2.0.4) ? Related to this, I suppose I could use
>an XSLT for writing the file (<redirect:write file="theFile.xml">...</>)
>but does the XSLT use DOM or SAX ? How is xslt performance with large
>xml documents ?
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
>
>Thanks !
>Geert

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any attachments,
is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally
privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It is intended
solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received in
error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system
immediately.Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files
transmitted with it are those of the author only and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Civica and do not create any legally binding rights or
obligations whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy
documents signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be
concluded on behalf of Civica by email. Please note that neither Civica nor
the sender accepts any responsibility for any viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any). All email
received and sent by Civica may be monitored to protect the business
interests of Civica.