cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Uploading problem
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:54:35 GMT
Johannes Becker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Cocoon 2.1 and tried out the upload example. But somehow the
> uploaded file doesn't appear in the upload directory.
>
> In the example it says:
>
>>> All files are cleaned out of the upload directory at the end of the
>>> request. The assumption is that other application logic will have
>>> acted on the files during the request.
>>

> So what must I do to save the file permanently on disk? I want to
> upload a jdbc-driver in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

Extremely dangerous. You're potentially giving people the capacity to
upload their own jars that could replace bits of Cocoon. If you want to
upload new JDBC jars, why can't you just use FTP or SCP? As I say,
allowing people to upload their own jars into WEB-INF lib would be a
huge security risk.

Regards, Upayavira