cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: Tranformation of a session´s parameter
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:13:42 GMT
Y:

>   I have installed Cocoon 2.2.1 and tomcat 4.1.27 running under jdk1.4.
> I´ve got a question about what should i do to transform a XML parameter
> that I´ve obtained from an action and that I´m trying to tranform.
>

>   <map:match pattern="acceso">
>    <map:act type="session" />
>    <map:act type="login">
>       <map:generate type="session-attr" src="XMLActionResult"/>
>    </map:act>
>   <map:transform src="sesion/doLogin.xsl">
>       <map:parameter name="contextPath" value="{request:contextPath}" />
>   </map:transform>
>   <map:serialize type="html"/>
>   </map:match>
>
> I´m obtaining the next error message:
>  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> java.lang.RuntimeException

I'll be that is a result of the bug I just posted to the list, regarding how
SessionAttributeGenerator adds duplicate startDocument/endDocument SAX events
to the pipeline if the object that is processes is a full DOM Document.  See
my message about same....

> The session-attr generator is the SessionAttributeGenerator. I suppose the
> problem is that the generator produces DOM and the transformer needs SAX...

Nope....pipeline processing is smart enough to take a DOM and stream it out
as SAX events.  More likely the problem is the one I encountered.  Check the
code fix I posted and try rebuilding Cocoon with the fix in place and see if
that resolves your problem.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com